“Hi, Jesus. It’s me, Isabella…”
She has a new awareness of prayer, and wants to pray about everything. When our daughter-in-law Candice posted this on Facebook, I thought, “How cute.” But in thinking about it, I’m reminded of the words of Jesus to his followers:
“…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3
Isabella’s spontaneity in talking to Jesus illustrates several insights that are important for “grown-ups” to consider:
- She can talk to Jesus any time, any place.
- She’s confident that He knows who she is.
- She can talk to Jesus as she would anyone who loves her.
- Jesus is ready to listen to her.
- He’s interested in everything that’s important in her world–her family, her friends, her daily activities.
Good things to remember!
What insights have you gained from children in your life?